Sunday, July 17, 2011

Valuable Sources


1.
"Tim O’Brien (1946-)." Contemporary Literary Criticism. Ed. Jeffrey W. Hunter. Vol. 211. Detroit: Thomson Gale, 2006. 182-241. Literature Criticism Online. Gale. Yavapai College. 11 July 2011 <http://galenet.galegroup.com.proxy.yc.edu/servlet/LitCrit/yava/FJ2683950004>

This source is one that includes plenty of important information that will allow me to make my paper stronger. The source includes major works by Tim O’Brien and literary criticisms. The criticisms provide me with views and ideas to broaden my thoughts. In addition, the critics take pieces from The Things They Carried and evaluate them to try and produce explanations about O’Brien’s writing. I would suggest this source to anyone who is looking into O’ Brien’s major literature pieces.

2.
"The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien." Short Story Criticism. Ed. Joseph Palmisano. Vol. 74. Detroit: Thomson Gale, 2005. 227-339. Literature Criticism Online. Gale. Yavapai College. 11 July 2011 <http://galenet.galegroup.com.proxy.yc.edu/servlet/LitCrit/yava/FJ3597250004>

This source can be found in the Yavapai College library catalog. The reason why I chose this source is because it also includes various works of Tim O’Brien. Not only does this source critic the authors work, but also gives examples of some themes and plots included throughout his books. One of the major things this website does is break up the stories from The Things They Carried and analyzes them piece-by-piece to try and interpret the authors writing. I would suggest this source to anyone who wants to get a closer look at a particular story from O’Brien’s book The Things They Carried.

3.
"Tim O’Brien (1946-)." Contemporary Literary Criticism. Ed. Deborah A. Schmitt. Vol. 103. Detroit: Gale Research, 1998. 130-177. Literature Criticism Online. Gale. Yavapai College. 11 July 2011 <http://galenet.galegroup.com.proxy.yc.edu/servlet/LitCrit/yava/FJ3527750005>

This particular source includes plenty of biographical information. It states many facts about his life and several accomplishments his achieved. It also mentions some of the book he wrote and some of the job titles he had before becoming a well-known writer. Another neat thing about the source is that it includes an interview, in where Tim O’Brien is answers questions about his work. I believe that this source will help me out pretty good because of all the biography information I dug up and for his responses to writing war stories. I highly suggest this website to anyone who is looking for any background information on Tim O’Brien’s life.

4.
Tian, Stan. "The Emotional Effects of War on Soldiers." Health Guidance, 2011. Web. 12 July 2011.
This source mentions a lot of material about soldiers who have suffered from post-war disorders. I found a lot of the material interesting and was just amazed at some of the crucial symptoms soldiers go through after they come back from war. The source helped me understand some of the mind-blowing realities that soldiers go through, and could not imagine what it would feel like to be one of those heroes. Anyhow, if you are interested in gaining knowledge about post-war disorders, I recommend you visit the source because it holds some astonishing information.

2 comments:

  1. hello
    I think that you have some really good sources to work with here.When I did my research i found that reading up on Tim O'Brien really helped me with writing my paper. So I hope that you are able to use it to help you out on your last paper. Good Luck!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jimmy
    There is a lot of information and great sources that you have here and valuable tools to use them for your reaserch paper. I know it kind of hard to find good sources but so far it seems that you have good quality sources good luck jimmy
    Rigo

    ReplyDelete